Who are we?
Footprint dance festival (formerly known as Roehampton Dance Festival or RDF) is a six day annual festival returning every May which is run by third year BA (Hons.) dance students at the University of Roehampton. Footprint is a festival for everyone and anyone to discover, inspire and celebrate all that dance and art can be.
We aim to present a dance festival in Roehampton which engages the University, the dance profession and the wider community.
We aim to reach as many people as possible and make dance accessible to all.
We aim to transform the University into a week long hub of exciting dance and multi-arts events to create a fun, feel good festival atmosphere.
We encourage people who visit the festival to be open, curious, and allow themselves to discover new things, be inspired and celebrate what dance can be!
How we will achieve this:
• Being open and accessible to all
• Encouraging participation across the community
• Programming high quality dance workshops, community projects and pop up events
• Providing a platform for a variety of dance styles, genres and performers
• Collaborating with other art forms including photography, film makers, visual artists and dance critics.
• Creating a fun filled, dynamic and exciting week!
Our core values…
We are OPEN to all dance styles, creativity and dance enthusiasts
We encourage SHARING new experiences which aim to reach new audiences
We present DYNAMIC new work, explore new spaces and ways to present dance